Classroom Mentor Teacher
Job | Posted 10 days ago
TITLE: Classroom Mentor Teacher
REPORTS TO: Director of Academic Services and Principal
QUALIFICATIONS: Arizona Teacher Certification
Bachelor’s Degree minimal requirement, Master’s degree preferred
3 years of effective classroom teaching preferred
JOB GOAL: Works collaboratively with district and school leadership to support beginning teachers in the general education setting in accordance with the district’s vision and mission to promote high quality instructional practice as evidenced through increased student achievement.
- Provides guidance and logistical support to beginning teachers to ensure district and school processes are understood, utilized, and developed to ensure effective student learning.
- Ensures that beginning teacher’s instruction aligns with the district’s and school’s lesson plan process by utilizing strategies, methods, and materials appropriate to the student’s grade level, abilities, needs, and learning style.
- Provides guidance in the development classroom instruction to identify materials, supplies, and equipment to enable implementation of grade level content and objectives, to maximize student learning.
- Supports the beginning teacher in constructing student supports for Tiered instructional practice, being mindful of conflicts and other programs and systems.
- Must attend Saturday collaboration sessions with district or school leadership to ensure strong alignment with beginning teacher support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed in an educational environment with moderate physical requirements. Required to perform the following physical requirements of the position with reasonable accommodations. Position involves competing demands, performing multiple tasks, and working to deadlines.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) month, part-time, exempt, Certified Teacher Salary Placement Schedule, benefits in accordance to Governing Board Policy.
MENTOR TEACHER-AMOUNT PER FIRST YEAR TEACHER -ANNUAL $457
MENTOR TEACHER-AMOUNT PER SECOND YEAR TEACHER -ANNUAL $355
MENTOR TEACHER-AMOUNT PER THIRD YEAR TEACHER -ANNUAL $254
Governing Board Approved: March 9, 2017