Media & Communications Engagement Technician II
Media & Community Engagement Technician II
Terms of Employment
- Salary Range: $48,992 - $62,844
- Contract: 12 Month
- Benefits: Employer Portion Paid Retirement, Life Insurance, Contribution to Medical Insurance, Annual Leave and Sick Leave
This is an Exempt, full-time position. Daily attendance is required; some evening and weekend work may be required diring the academic year.
Foster community egagement and relationships with local businesses and community partners; serve as lead/point of contact for the Suffolk Public Schools Partners in Education program and Volunteer Connect.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Create, proofread, and publish regular written and visual content for the recent news section of our website, staff/student portals, internal email communmications.?
- Write and distribute press releases/media advisories to local news outlets and respond to media inquiries as needed.
- Write, design, and deploy monthly newsletters to students and families, alumni and community members; Lead the SPS Alumni search/outreach efforts.
- Conduct research to ensure that all outreach (print and web) materials are in compliance with mental health standards and A.D.A. Compliance.
- Manage, utilize, and support web streaming services, including streaming of School Board meetings.
- Manage, Utilize, and Support the Suffolk Public School district's rapid notification system to communicate with parents and staff, for both emergency and non-emergency purposes; and update parent/staff contact information.
- Maintain a digital archive of marketing assets (photography, video, and documents) on the Suffolk Public Schools shared network, Google Drive, Razuna, etc.
- Promote the Suffolk Public School district using various marketing and advertising campaigns including: Kindergarten Registration, Immunization Requirements, Graduation ads, mentions in local/regional publications, etc.
- Adhere to timelines, manage correpsondence, and process invoices and paperwork for digital and print communications projects and special events.
- Assist in the development of communication, information, and online policies as needed.
- Assist in overseeing the Suffolk Public Schools website in terms of timeliness of updates, content, as well as consistency in format, tone, and terminology.
- Assist in overseeing the print productions of various marketing materials, sinage, etc., according to Suffolk Public Schools Brand Standarts; effectively manages productions schedule and production materials.
- Support Crisis Response, working with the Community Engagement Officer to manage crisis response initiatives, and develop response strategy.
- Support the Community Engagement Officer in strategy, planning, and execution of public relations tactics supporting the Suffolk Public Schools objectives to maximize media coverage across all national, regional, and social channels.
- Provide back up support to the Community Engagement Officer, Community Engagement Facilitatior, and Social Media Specialist.
- Serve on teh Suffolk Public Schools calendar committee.
- Serve on district, community, regional, and state committees, teams and organizations, as needed to provide the district's perspective, information, and expertise.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Virginia FOIA (Freedom of Information Act)
- Processes and tracks FOIA notifications, invoices, and payments required to fulfill requests.
- Assist with conducting administrative functions such as recording statistical information, compliling reports, performing specialized studies, coordinating with other agencies or the public, and maintaining logs and forms.
- Assist with preparing and providing the requested FOIA information/records within the time request set for each request, directs individuals to appropriate personnel, takes and relays messages.
- Reviews and processes/redacts digital media.
- Maintains knowledge base of current Virginia Freedom of Information Act laws and policies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or experience in communications, marketing, journalism, or related fields.
- Website management and project management experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Event planning;
- Knowledge of trends in digital communications and analytics reports through tools such as Google Analytics;
- Digital photography and videography experience;
- Print production experience;
- Excellent attention to detail, creativity, and resourcefulness;
- Ability to work independently;
- Email marking programs (such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, Messages/eNotify, etc.);
- Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office;
- Comfortable managing numerous projects in a deadline-oriented environment;
- ?Highly motivated team player who is energized by the mission and values of Suffolk Public Schools.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Work in standard office and school building environments.
FLSA Status: Exempt