Job | Posted 15 days ago
Position is 11-months, 223 days (paid over 12 months)
Requires a Commonwealth of Virginia Dept of Health Professions License to Practice as an Athletic Trainer
- Establish an effective athletic training program for high school athletics.
- Provide first aid injury assessment/treatment/rehabilitation/conditioning for student athletes.
- Provide coverage at home events and practices from the beginning of the fall sport season to the conclusion of the spring season.
- Coordinate the annual required athletic physicals and supervise the clearance of injured athletes prior to and during the sport seasons.
- Maintain a line of communication with the team physician(s) regarding athletic health care and recommended treatment/rehabilitation for all athletic injuries.
- Assist coaching staff in evaluating and implementing sport specific conditioning programs and methods.
- Maintain an effective and efficient athletic training room.
- Maintain communication with parents on the care & treatment of their student-athlete.
- File all necessary reports associated with athletic injuries and/or incidents.
- Maintain a daily treatment log.
- Oversee the ordering of supplies and equipment pertaining to the athletic training room and maintain an up to date inventory. Provide the Athletic Director with an annual budget for supplies and equipment.
- Equip each team with appropriate medical equipment.
- Assist in the selection and fitting of protective equipment, including special taping, pads or braces.
- Create a safe playing environment by monitoring and controlling environmental risks
- Share professional literature relative to athletic training with the school’s coaching staff.