K-3 Math Instructional Coach (2022-2023)
K-3 Math Coach Job Description
The K-3 Math Coach working under the direction of Math Curriculum Director will provide job-embedded math professional learning experiences for K-3 classroom teachers. This will come in the form of faculty, grade level, and individual learning opportunities utilizing full coaching cycles as outlined in the TCSD Coaching Model. The goal of this position is to have a positive impact on student growth in mathematics through their work with and support of K-3 classroom teachers. Goals and direction for this position will come from the TCSD Early Learning Plan math goals, school level math goals, and the individual learning needs of K-3 teachers in the mathematics content area. The math coach will work with the schools and grade levels strategically selected based on Acadience Math data.
EXPECTATIONS and DUTIES
- The primary responsibility of a math coach is full and ongoing coaching cycles that include pre-conferencing/planning with teachers, modeling/demonstrating lessons, co-teaching lessons with teachers, post-conferencing to determine next steps in the learning process for both teachers and students (at least 50% of each day is spent in classrooms).
- Focus on teacher growth in an effort to positively impact student learning.
- Work with teachers to identify areas of need and provide continued support for identified areas.
- Assist teachers with K-3 Math Assessment administration and data analysis to determine needed supports for students.
- Provide math professional learning opportunities. Although the primary professional learning a coach will provide is job-embedded through in-class modeling as a part of ongoing coaching cycles, additional small or whole group professional learning sessions may be required
- Actively participate in grade level and school PLCs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education (or successful completion of an ARL program)
- Utah Professional Teaching License
- 5 years experience teaching in a K-6 classroom
- Ability to work across and within 2 TCSD schools
- Elementary Mathematics Endorsement, Elementary STEM Endorsement, or Elementary Mathematics Specialist Endorsement
- Master’s Degree with a concentration in Elementary Mathematics
- Instructional Coaching Endorsement or willing to pursue
- Previous Coaching Experience
- Must be available to work occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Must possess and maintain a Utah driver’s license.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and lift up to 25 lbs.
Full Time, 187 days, paid over 12 months
*This position is dependent on the receipt of annual grant funds.
Certified Salary Schedule
8 days sick leave and 4 days personal leave per fiscal year.