JobID 140 : Coach Application ~ General #140 (#329533)
General Coach Posting – Applicants: use this posting to apply when you don't see a vacancy for a specific Coach position.
Candidate will assume the role of Coach and direct or help direct an athletic program. All coaches report to the Athletic Director who oversees the athletic program. Responsibilities for Coaches may include:
- Supervision and coaching of student athletes at all levels of the program.
- Work closely with all assistant and volunteer coaches.
- Communicate with the athletic director and athletic secretary about student athlete's needs, incidents, and all concerns related to the program.
- Assist in developing a schedule, fund raisers, camps, awards banquet, etc.
- Direct/supervise instructional and conditioning camps throughout the year.
- Head Coaches are responsible for overseeing budget and inventory for the program.
- Communicate with coaching staff, athletes, parents and the community.
- Promote the student athlete and assist with academic eligibility required.
- Assist in supporting the student athlete with information concerning scholarships and financial aid as appropriate.
- Will follow league, district and CHSAA policies and regulations.
- Previous coaching experience in chosen sport required.
- Demonstrated success in coaching athletic programs.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the skills involved with chosen sport.
- Strong communication and organizational skills including the ability to mediate arguments and give constructive criticism.
- Have, or have the ability to obtain, certification through CHSAA.
- Excellent goal setting and team building skills