FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Grade: Grade 12
Revision Date: May 02, 2022
Location: Information Technology
The Network Engineer is the technical specialist responsible for assisting in the life-cycle administration and technical support for the WJCC Public School’s network infrastructure. Assists in supporting highly available network/server performance, reliability, and security under the guidance of the Senior Network Engineer. The incumbent works independently, and as part of a team in a demanding technical environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for mission critical activities, including technical configuration, installation, integration, and live support of network infrastructure, security software, and firewalls. Responds to trouble calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Performs entry level support for multivendor/multiprotocol networking and security platforms.
- Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support of Brocade Switching technologies
- Support of Aerohive and Extreme wireless technologies
- Entry level understanding of dynamic routing protocols
- Entry level understanding of Layer 2 protocols
- DNS, DHCP, NAC and other network related protocols
- Network Layers 1,2, and 3 troubleshooting and administration
- Documenting network/security hierarchy
- Use of Cloud based technologies such as and not limited to Azure, Intune, Asavie, Cisco Umbrella, Crowdstrike, Sentinal and others as the needs dictate
- Intermediate Linux Skills to support applications that monitor network systems
- Microsoft SCCM
- Google G – Suite Administration
- Provides change-management data to senior staff including iOS upgrades, configurations, firewall changes, and wireless changes.
- Provide support to System Engineers as needed. ie. OS installs and software deployment
- Participates in the design and additions to the network and assists in incorporating new technologies and standards.
- Utilizes diagnostic tools and procedures to support fault detection, correlation, performance metrics, and reporting to support service level agreements and standards set by management.
- Participates in training and follows established policies and procedures, assists in creation of new procedures.
- Works closely with vendors and other WJCC departments as needed.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Academic Achievement, Educational Equity, Communication & Engagement, Safety & Security, Positive Culture, Organizational Efficiency
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required, Associates degree in Computer Science or related area, Network + certification or equivalent experience.
- Two years’ experience in an entry-level position providing network support. Must be efficient in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Visio and Excel.
- Knowledge of network terminology, IP subnetting, and the OSI layers preferred.
- Desktop/Laptop integration with network technologies
- Valid Virginia driver’s license.
- Must be highly flexible and adaptable to change in a dynamic work setting ensuring high quality of service to customers requiring technical assistance.
- Technical Skills – Ability to use various hand tools (screwdriver, pliers, etc.) to disassemble and re-assemble related equipment. Ability to install, configure, and apply various computer software applications and operating systems. Ability to properly connect, configure, and manipulate related computer parts, equipment, and peripherals.
- Motor Skills – Extensive hand-eye coordination is required to make use of hand tools, install various computer and electronic parts, ability to safely work in and around electronic equipment.
- Interpersonal Skills - Performs highly diverse/intense technical and support duties requiring strong communication and inter-personal skills. Must be able to maintain a professional relationship with other employees in various roles at all times. Must be able to apply professional customer service in what can be highly stressful situations while maintaining a professional composure. Must be able to properly explain to non-technical internal and external customers the proper use of computer hardware and software, as well as providing explanations of repair work in a non-technical manner.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Sr. Network Engineer.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be comfortable in performing repetitive, sometimes mundane tasks as well as being able to quickly switch from on task to another as situations warrant. Must be comfortable working alone, as well as in front of groups of people. Must be able to maintain a highly professional demeanor in sometimes extremely stressful situations. Must be comfortable in instructing other employees in the use of complex/technical equipment and software applications. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Must be able to safely climb and work from a step ladder (up to 8 feet) and reach over-head. Must be able to squat and work below desks/tables. Must be able to complete repetitive motions, use a keyboard and/or mouse, and perform repetitive tasks. Must have eye-site and hearing in accordance with DMV regulations to be able to maintain a valid Virginia driver’s license. Frequently exposed to electrical shock hazards while working on computers and related equipment. Requires constant and almost continuous use of voice and data communications.