Maintenance - Plumber Specialist
Job | Posted 17 days ago
Contract and Benefits
# Positions available: 1
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $23.44 - $34.46 Depending on experience/Licensing etc.
Starting date: 07/05/2022
- Name: Mike Privett
- Phone: 801-610-8060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Plumber Specialist is done for the purpose/s of providing plumbing services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, and/or upgrading plumbing systems; ensuring compliance with accessibility, health and safety codes; ensuring completion of projects in accordance with trade standards; providing information on the proper uses of equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site.
- Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings of plumbing systems (e.g. Clear Creek water system, irrigation systems, etc.) for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems.
- Coordinates with assigned lead and/or supervisor and other trades (e.g. principals, district administrators, school staffs, vendors, state boiler inspectors, outside contractors, site water quality employees, municipal employees, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in plumbing/irrigation systems for the purpose of identifying repair and/or replacement needs.
- Estimates materials and/or equipment needed to compete work projects for the purpose of obtaining materials and assigning tasks to ensure job completion.
- Fabricates equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders (e.g. Director of Maintenance and Area Coordinators, school administration, outside contractors, etc.) for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
- Inspects completed work for the purpose of ensuring quality of work standards are met and identifying preventive maintenance requirements.
- Installs and maintains plumbing systems and fixtures (e.g. culinary water/wastewater systems, irrigation controls, boilers, hot water heaters, drinking fountains, water softeners, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
- Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition
- Monitors buildings and facilities for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance (e.g. proper disposal of hazardous waste materials from grease traps and sumps, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of district wide systems.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. records of each boiler with its certificate of operation, repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Recommends plans, policies, procedures and/or specific actions for the purpose of addressing department goals, objectives and work-related needs.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Supervises hourly workers, less experienced workers and/or summer help for the purpose of developing their technical skills and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Trains custodial staff for the purpose of developing proper maintenance procedures, trouble shooting techniques and emergency procedures.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.