ELEMENTARY TEACHER Grades 6-8
MCMINN COUNTY SCHOOLS
Job Title: TEACHER Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Principal, Vice Principal, Instructional Supervisor
Date Revised: 04/08/21
Dept./School: As Assigned______________________________________________________
- Tennessee Teaching License
- Endorsement for area of primary teaching assignment
- Meet requirements of state instructional standards
- No prior experience required, but teachers without experience will be assigned a veteran mentor.
Work with/report to Building Principal to perform the following responsibilities:
- Determine, through student data, the level of prior knowledge. Then, provide a plan of instruction that meets individual needs, interests and abilities of all students.
- Follow all accommodations and modifications deemed appropriate by an IEP, 504, or administrative agreement.
- Arrive to the campus punctually and remain present and engaged for all work hours as determined by principal.
- Work with colleagues to establish and maintain a collaborative environment for planning, delivering, and reflecting on instruction and student data. Attend all building-level and district PLC’s.
- Maintain a classroom culture that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity of students. Set standards for appropriate behavior, communication, and mutual respect.
- Develop appropriate lesson plans and provide evidence when requested.
- Facilitate learning for students using only Tennessee Curriculum Standards and curriculum that is vetted and approved by the McMinn Board of Education.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and technology for brick & mortar students as well as students who are remote learning, alternatively placed, or on homebound status.
- Monitor students’ progress toward mastery of standards via formative assessments and recognize accomplishments as appropriate and applicable.
- Protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain and communicate accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, policy, and administrative regulation.
- Enforce and reinforce school policies and procedures.
- Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend staff meetings, perform extra duties, and serve on committees as required.
General Requirements: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer; standard instructional equipment; [P.E. teachers: automated external defibrillator (AED)]
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.