Office Assistant - Elementary
Non-contract no benefits
Hourly rate: $11.28
This position is a permanent substitute/office aide position.
The primary responsiblity will be to subsitute for teachers or paras when a subsitute cannot be secured or when paras are absent. Other job responsibilities will include being a receptionist and other office responsibilities as well as outside supervision at the end of the day.
Hours are from 12:30pm - 4:00pm/ Monday - Friday
- Name: Melissa Allmon or Adam Huffaker
- Phone: 801 610-8707
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The main purpose of these positions will be to subsitute for teachers and other teacher aides who are absent and to provide outside supervision before or after school. When everyone is at school, the person will fulfill office responsiblities that will be determined by adminstration and the office team.
- Answers telephone calls for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Assists with processing of documents, forms, mailings and materials (e.g. attendance, enrollments, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Collects payments for a variety of events (e.g. fines, fees, fund raisers, etc.) for the purpose of completing transactions and/or securing funds.
- Distributes materials (e.g. mail, checks, supplies, messages, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring delivery to addressee.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. letters, forms, reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
- Monitors students referred for illness or disciplinary action for the purpose of ensuring student welfare and maintaining a secure office environment.
- Prepares standardized documents (e.g. form letters and memos, calendars, bulletins, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to other parties.
- Other Functions Attends department and/or in-service meetings for the purpose of gathering information required to perform functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is desired.