Family and Community Engagement Liaison
PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
FARMVILLE, VIRGINIA 23901
Title: Family and Community Engagement Liaison
Reports To: Superintendent and/or designee
FLSA Status: Nonexempt (Classified position -12 months-full-time)
Summary: This position will oversee the coordination of all family, and community
engagement activities, including promotions via social media, print media, and
the PECPS website.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may
- Plans, coordinates, and organizes the Parent Volunteer Program for all schools
- Works collaboratively with the administration to plan and organize effective parent involvement activities that will improve student academic achievement and school performance
- Works with the administration in preparing and distributing program information related to parent activities
- Establishes partnership with community agencies
- Monitors and documents family engagement activities, initiatives, and progress towards goals
- Attends meetings to receive information, updates, and ideas regarding family engagement resources and activities
- Works with the Homeless Education Liaison to ensure parents of homeless students are informed of family engagement activities during the school year
- Provides family engagement professional development to staff
- Assists with planning media promotion of Open House, Family Nights, Parent Teacher Conferences, and Kindergarten and PreK registration and orientation
- Attends Title I Parent Advisory Meetings
- Develops division-wide publications, including monthly newsletters
- Develops a marketing and community strategic plan to improve division outreach
- Builds public relationships with businesses in the community to strengthen partnerships between community and school
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Holds an Associate’s Degree or higher
- Possesses basic computer skills and is familiar with social media applications
- Has good interpersonal skills and self-initiative
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrates strong management skills
- Has a valid Driver’s License
- Demonstrates qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, administrators and community members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Thorough knowledge of school division rules, regulations and procedures; ability to articulate oral presentations and written reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, administrators, and parents.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Associates Degree or higher
Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop and kneel. Lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment - Twelve- months (Full-time). Salary to be determined by the School Board
Performance of the position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Prince Edward County School Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.
Developed: May 15, 2017
Approved by: Superintendent – May 15, 2017