Special Education Clerical for 22-23 School Year
Job Title: Special Education Clerical
Job Objectives: To provide clerical support to the Special Education department of the school and to the school administration in support of the special needs students and teachers.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years previous successful clerical experience
- Highly proficient in EASY IEP programs
- Proficient in the use of computers to include database, spreadsheet and word processing applications
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with teachers, staff, and parents
These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Answers incoming calls and responds appropriately to requests for information.
- Schedules meetings and arranges IEP Meetings.
- Prepares, disseminates and maintains materials, correspondence, data analysis and reports.
- Files correspondence, records and other information in an efficient manner.
- Processes, logs and distributes all incoming records and correspondence received in the Special Education office.
- Maintains confidential files and other information.
- Compiles and processes a wide variety of documents and materials for the purpose of supporting program activities, disseminating information/materials, and maintaining compliance with program, district, state and/ or federal requirements.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory, respectful working relationships within the school environment
- Be prepared to perform the job in accordance with the GMSD Classified Staff Evaluation Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal, Exceptional Student Education Department, and/or Designee
GMSD offers education and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, disability, genetics or age