Special Ed Preschool Instructor (CC: 6287)
SPECIAL EDUCATION PRESCHOOL TEACHER
Valid Arizona Special Education Early Childhood Teacher Certification.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide instruction to facilitate learning, which enables all students to reach their academic potential and become responsible, productive citizens.
1. Establish learning goals and objectives with emphasis on behavior.
2. Determine appropriate program of study to meet specific needs of all students.
3. Provide instruction based on established objectives and individual student needs.
4. Maintain positive effective classroom management.
5. Maintain appropriate student records and documentation.
6. Communicate effectively and consistently with students, parents, colleagues, and administration.
7. Continue to grow professionally through appropriate staff development opportunities and obtain a minimum of 15 clock hours of staff development each year.
8. Adhere to all Board policies and/or rules, Arizona Revised Statutes and federal regulations pertaining to education.
9. Attend staff and inservice meetings, workshops and school functions as directed.
10. Demonstrate knowledge of children with learning disabilities.
11. Devise an Individual Educational Program (IEP) for each student, ensuring that it reflects the latest psychological evaluation.
12. Provide instruction according to each student’s IEP.
13. Develop a working and cooperative rapport with students’ parents or guardian to provide a continuity between school and home.
14. Collaborate with all teachers to ensure follow through of students with special needs. 15. Perform other job-related duties as assigned. BENEFITS: Medical Insurance Life Insurance Retirement Sick Leave Long Term Disability Insurance Dental Insurance
SALARY: Certified Salary Schedule
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER IN COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATION AMENDMENTS OF 1972 AND SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973