Sharon Elementary Administrative Secretary - Elementary
Job | Posted a month ago
Administrative Secretary - Elementary (Lead Elementary)
Lane 13 Contract and Benefits
Hours: 8 hours per day/ 202 days per year
Hourly rate: $20.24-22.74 Depending on qualifications and experience.
- Name: Alicia DeMill
- Phone: 801-610-8119
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Administrative Secretary - Elementary (Lead Elementary) is done for the purpose/s of providing secretarial support to school site; establishing and maintaining records; compiling and distributing materials and reports; and responding to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Administers first aid and prescription medications to students (under the direction of a health care professional) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs within established guidelines.
- Attends department and/or in-service meetings (e.g. annual District's secretaries' meeting, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Collects payments for a variety of events (e.g. bus trips, fines, fees, fund raisers, etc.) for the purpose of completing transactions and/or securing funds.
- Communicates safety and security policies and enforcement procedures (e.g. to students, staff, visitors, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring their understandings of such information and the potential consequences of violation.
- Compiles data (e.g. work orders, budget reports, specialized reports, personnel records, etc.) for the purpose of preparing reports or processing requests.
- Coordinates assigned projects and/or activities (e.g. proper distribution of materials to a variety of departments, substitute and aide personnel, registration of new students, arrangements for conferences, meetings, travel requirements, etc.) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely manner.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. attendance reports, work orders, time sheets, expense reimbursement requests, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, textbooks, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
- Oversees the work activities within the office (e.g. purchase card transactions, petty cash fund, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established limits/guidelines.
- Oversees distribution of mail, packages, supplies for the purpose of ensuring delivery to appropriate personnel.
- Performs enrollment and withdrawal activities for the purpose of complying with established requirements.
- Performs general clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, data entry, filing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting office operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports and other materials (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, forms for advertising vacant positions, letters, memorandums, minutes, periodic and ad-hoc reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Processes a variety of documents and materials (e.g. field trip requests, time sheets, work orders, requisitions, travel reimbursements, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with established administrative guidelines.
- Reconciles a variety of financial data (e.g. principal's budget, special funds, allocations, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and ensuring compliance with established accounting practices.
- Registers new students for the purpose of assuring that all aspects of student enrollment are completed.
- Represents assigned administrator in his/her absence for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required for his/her function.
- Researches assigned topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) for the purpose of providing information for addressing department operations.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. parents, building staff, students, district staff, other schools, government agencies, general public, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Schedules activities (e.g. appointments, faculty and staff meetings, lunches, travel reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc.) for the purpose of making necessary arrangements for assigned administrator.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors (e.g. parent calls about student grades, etc.) for the purpose of responding to inquiries, transferring calls and/or taking messages and serving as information resource for callers and visitors.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.