Fall Cheerleading Assistant Coach
Job | Posted a month ago
POSITION SUMMARY: Madison County Public Schools is seeking a Fall Cheerleading Assistant Coach. This position helps students to achieve a high level of skill, sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
- Prior experience coaching student athletes strongly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of VHSL rules and regulations
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must have personal skills that reflect positive relations with student-athletes, parents and the community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad population of students, and colleagues.
- Must be CPR, AED and First Aid certified.
- Must be certified in Concussion training.
- Follows all district policies, rules and regulations .
- Instructs and teaches skill sets and techniques necessary for athlete’s achievement.
- Assists Head Cheerleading Coach to develop appropriate training programs and practice schedules.
- Works closely with Head Cheerleading Coach.
- Observes cheerleaders, during events and practice to determine the need for individual or team improvement.
- Maintains a safe environment for cheerleaders.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of cheerleaders at all times.
- Assists in maintaining high academic standards for all cheerleaders.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Must attend any training, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Ensures that all cheerleaders practicing or playing have undergone and passed all medical examinations before the regular practice season begins.
- Other duties as assigned
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open Until Filled START DATE:
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Online application: www2.madisonschools.k12.va.us
Equal Opportunity Employer