SAN CARLOS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20
P.O. Box 207 San Carlos, AZ 85550
www.sancarlosbraves.org (928) 475-2315
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn’ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 23-546
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
POSITION: Physical Education Teacher
OPEN: Until Filled
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
1. BA or Higher from accredited university
2. Current Arizona Teaching Certification with a physical education endorsement.
3. Previous experience as a PE Teacher preferred.
4. Physical stamina and skills desired.
5. Valid Arizona Driver’s License.
6. Must have current Fingerprint Card or pass background check to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card from Arizona Department of Public Safety.
7. Comparable education and experience deemed appropriate by the San Carlos Unified School Board.
REPORTS TO: Site Principal and/or Project Director
JOB GOAL: To increase the percentage of students who meet the standards of a healthy fitness zone, as established by the assessment for the Presidential Youth Fitness Program (PYFP), in at least five of the six fitness areas of that assessment. Assessments are Aerobic Capacity, Muscular Strength, Endurance, Flexibility, and Body Composition.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190 days
SALARY: Established by Certified Salary Scale
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel
Please apply online at sancarlosbraves.org go to Employment, then to Applitrak our online application system. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Personnel Director at (928) 475-2315, Ext. 1411.