SUMMARY: Support student’s academic, personal, social, behavioral and career development needs by designing, implementing, evaluating and enhancing a comprehensive school counseling program that promotes and enhances student success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide a comprehensive school counseling program for all students at the site, which aligns with the district and school’s mission to promote academic, social/emotional, and college/career development, while ensuring equity and access for all students.
- Provides services in individual, small group and large group counseling settings.
- Suggests and administers further tests to measure special skills and interests in order to build upon student strengths.
- Study results obtained and counsel students (and parents, as appropriate) concerning educational or behavior modification needed to improve performance.
- Discusses with other professionals, such as principals, special education teachers, psychologists, or other medical personnel, additional services to benefit individual students.
- Attends, participates, and as directed leads TAT/TOAT, PBIS, and other related meetings.
- Coordinates information gathered and proposes data driven program to achieve desired goals.
- Discusses alternatives with students, and advises in selection of what seems to be the most desirable course of action.
- Reviews and evaluates progress, and recommends modifications as appropriate on a regular schedule over an extended period.
- Plans and implements whole class lessons to encourage and motivate students.
Education & Experience:
- Masters degree in School Guidance and Counseling or a related field.
- Arizona School Counselor Certificate.
- Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Arizona Teacher’s Certificate.
- Three years experiences a Teacher.
- Three years experience as a School Counselor.