Middle School Principal
SAN CARLOS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20
P.O. Box 207
San Carlos, AZ 85550
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn’ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
TITLE: Middle School Principal
OPEN: 04/13/2022 – Until filled
The principal is responsible for setting the vision for achieving and sustaining high levels of student achievement and strategically implementing the school’s mission through effective Leadership of all stakeholders, including faculty, staff, student, parents, and the community. The Principal provides leadership in all aspects of the instructional program, school environment and the Operational / fiscal health of the school.
- Master’s Degree in Education
- Current Arizona Principal’s Certification
- Previous experience as a Principal preferred
- Five years experience as a Classroom teacher
- Comparable education and experience deemed appropriate by the San Carlos Unified School Board.
REPORTS TO: SUPERINTENDENT OF ACADEMIC SERVICES
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Serve as the instructional leader of the building staff and articulate a clear and compelling Vision founded in strong and sustainable student achievement outcomes.
- Manage personnel effectively through appropriate delegation, planning and evaluation.
- Fosters an environment where staff and faculty work cooperatively together and hold each other accountable to reach high levels of student achievement.
- Effectively evaluate teachers' classroom management, instructional practice, professional development pursuits, interpersonal and leadership skills, while identifying high- and low-effectiveness performers, and provide clear and actionable feedback, resources and support.
- Lead the improvement of student achievement by implementing the Research Based Best Practices for teacher observation and evaluation.
- Provide ongoing professional development for staff, based on an analysis of building data, best practices and instructional research.
- Model and promote the continuous use of data to inform practice and drive decision-making and instruction.
- Observe teaching methods and examine learning materials to evaluate and standardize curricula and teaching techniques, and to determine areas where improvement is needed.
- Manage school resources (fiscal, human capital, facilities and equipment, etc.) to support student achievement goals and in compliance with district policies.
- Foster a positive school climate by assessing, planning, and communicating with the school community; promoting distributive leadership while demonstrating understanding of and respect and appreciation for cultural diversity.
- Promote a positive collaborative school/community relation by articulating the mission, seeking community support, and fostering rapport with all stakeholders.
- Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning needs.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Superintendent
Skills and Abilities Required:
- The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties.
- Experience working in a rural school setting, with proven management and team building skills.
- Demonstrated Strong record of helping students achieve and sustain academic success, especially with Apache and low-income students.
- Commitment to the belief that all students can learn and to the mission of educational equity
- Capacity to define a vision, build teams and achieve results despite obstacles.
- Experience in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrated record of success in leading adults; prior experience with personnel recruitment, selection, training, management, labor relations and supervision.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Keen ability to use data in the decision making process and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to continuously elevate professional contributions through ongoing reflection, building upon previous learning and being open and receptive to ongoing feedback.
- Active listening skills- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and decision-making skills— Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve (12) Months
SALARY: Placed on Board Approved Administrative Salary Schedule according to experience and education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Personnel.
Please apply online at sancarlosbraves.org go to Employment, then to Applitrak our online application system. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resource Department Manager at (928) 475-2315, Ext. 1411.