JROTC Instructor for the 2022-2023 School Year
Job | Posted a month ago
Job Summary: The JROTC Instructor administers the overall activities of the Spotsylvania County Public School District Junior Reserve Non-Commissioned Officers Training Program.
- Compiles, maintains and submits all reports and other documents as required.
- Prepares, publishes, and distributes JROTC Orders, Permanent Orders and similar publications.
- Requisitions instructional materials and supplies and distributes to schools.
- Conducts periodic inspections of JROTC unit administration and files at the school units.
- Advises unit instructor personnel on maintenance of records, correspondence and other documentation.
- Acts as announcer and statistician for competitive events and activities sponsored by the department.
- Prepares memoranda and letters of instruction for all extra-curricular activities of the department.
- Prepares drafts of posters, invitations, tickets and program of events for JROTC sponsored activities.
- Coordinates with military and civilian organizations for presentation of various awards at the Annual Review and Drill Meets.
- Maintains accounting for the JROTC budget for the school year.
- Functions as office manager.
- Prepares weekly training schedules.
- Maintains contact with parents of cadets experiencing academic or behavioral problems.
- Adheres to all school districts and army standards.
- Secures and maintains adequate space to store and issue clothing, supplies and equipment for applicable schools.
- Finalizes communications for submission to higher military headquarters, school offices and civilian community.
- Performs other assigned duties as may be required by the Supervisor.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures as pertains to JROTC program, the military and school district.
- Ability to use office equipment.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Applicant must be on the JROTC Certified Instructor list at the time of application to Spotsylvania County Schools.
- Applicant should be a Retired U. S. Army Officer.
- Three (3) years experience as JROTC Instructor is preferred.
How to Apply: Follow all instructions to complete a Licensed application.