Security Monitor - Day Shift
SECURITY MONITOR - DAY SHIFT
Hiring Pay Range: $16.99 - $18.04 DOE
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm (30 minute unpaid lunch break)
40 hours per week, 10 months, 191 paid days per year
Job Location: Catalina Foothills High School
Target Start Date: 12/16/2023
Definition: Under general supervision performs work of moderate difficulty monitoring the security of the high school campus.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Assist with the operations and maintenance of the CSI Access Control system, the video surveillance system, the TLC lighting system, the BEST Locking system and the student lockers.
- Patrol campus to deter vandalism, theft and unauthorized and/or unsafe use of facilities.
- Work closely with Administration to enforce discipline, endure compliance with campus regulations and promote an academic environment.
- Monitor parking lot for students and others attempting to gain access or leave without authorization or students avoiding attending class.
- Monitor activity in the parking lot.
- Monitor and direct parking lot traffic at peak times.
- Inspect vehicles for proper parking permits.
- Issue warnings to drivers regarding campus parking and driving violations.
- Boot improperly parked vehicles. Investigate and document on-campus traffic accidents.
- Assist other school security staff with emergency problems such as student fights.
- Monitor grounds for areas where students smoke.
- Coordinate security issues with Pima County Sheriff’s Department as needed.
- Assist with the supervision of the students assigned to campus work and improvement projects.
- Assist with shipping and receiving of orders at the site.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of CFSD rules and regulations regarding access to and departure from school grounds.
- Knowledge of state, local and CFSD traffic safety and security rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of nonviolent crisis intervention techniques.
- Skill in operating a two way radio and a variety of automated security systems.
- Skill in operating a golf carts.
- Skill in attaching wheel boots.
- Skill in orally communicating effectively with students to enforce rules and regulations.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and administrators, students, parents and law enforcement professionals.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
High School diploma or GED. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Level I - IVPP Fingerprint Clearance card through Arizona Department of Public Safety.
Valid Arizona Driver’s license and clear driving record
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.