Job | Posted a month ago
POSITION SUMMARY: Madison County Public Schools is seeking an Instructional Assistant for Madison Primary School. The successful applicant should possess intellectual depth and breadth, a strong work ethic, a capacity for communication and leadership, an appreciation of innovative practice and a track record for proven achievement. The candidate must also possess the capacity to demonstrate flexibility in work requirements, including hours worked and responsibilities assigned, multitask efficiently and accurately and positively represent the division in multiple settings. The ability to complete assignments with promptness and precision is a must.
- Must have the ability to represent an outstanding school division by maintaining high standards and ethics each and every day.
- The ability to exert moderate physical effort, typically involving stooping, kneeling, crouching, pulling or pushing, and carrying of objects and materials of moderate weight.
- ParaPro Assessment has to be passed, and/or completion of two years of college.
- Have to take the Autism Spectrum Disorder for Paraprofessionals course online.
- Assist teachers in preparing and performing specific activities.
- Work with individuals, small groups, or large groups assigned and monitored by the teacher.
- Escort students to various activities, as assigned by teacher or administrator.
- Planning with students, under the direction of the teacher, for various class activities.
- Assist teachers in modifying student behavior.
- Monitor students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments.
- Other duties as assigned by teacher or principal.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience: $22,200 - $31,450 10 month, 185 contract days. A benefits package is available to include sick leave, personal leave, Virginia Retirement System, and partial payment for health insurance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: START DATE: August 2022
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Online application: www2.madisonschools.k12.va.us
Equal Opportunity Employer