Graduation from high school, plus two years of specialized training in computer operation, supervisory methods, automotive and diesel mechanics and related functions provided through in-service, professional workshops, vocational schools or college courses
Five to seven years of related experience or a combination of education and experience.
Must possess a valid commercial driving license.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
Supervisory Responsibilities: Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of transportation employees, including bus drivers, mechanics, and secretaries. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Organizes and implements a pupil transportation system within the policies of the Board of Education.
- Develops and maintains lists of children eligible for transportation.
- Approves bus stops in as safe a location as possible.
- Approves filed trips, athletic trips for transportation.
- Recruits, interviews, checks background and recommends for employment bus drivers, subs and aides.
- Periodically checks the driving records of all bus drivers in order to assure student safety.
- Conducts driver education program for school bus driver.
- Maintains personnel records and reports to payroll department.
- Keeps records for preparation of state and local reports such as inventories, pupils transported, route mileage, time records, special trip records, traffic accidents, and other required reports.
- Interprets transportation procedure and regulations to public and staff.
- Makes recommendations that may improve transportation services and efficiency such as rules and regulations for drivers and pupil conduct.
- Compiles and completes state transportation report request in conjunction with the Business Administrator.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities: considerable knowledge of school bus federal and state standards for operation; knowledge of school district geography and road systems.
Microsoft Office knowledge and skills required. Ability to apply knowledge or current research and theory in specific field. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
Range 22: $30.07/hour.
8 hours per day, 255 days per year.
Must submit application, resume, and copy of any license, transcripts, and/or degrees, 3 letters of reference (1 current).
Deadline for Application
Open until filled.