Assistant Principal Middle School (CC:6448)
1. Possess a Master’s Degree or its equivalent with special training in school administration.
2. Minimum of three (3) years classroom teaching experience.
3. Three (3) years of administrative experience preferred.
4. Possess the state required administrative certificate.
5. Possess demonstrated administrative skills and as well as successful leadership ability, must have established himself/herself as an educational leader.
6. Bilingual preferred.
7. Bilingual or ESL Teaching endorsement preferred.
8. Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
9. Experience with diverse populations (English Language Learners (ELLs), Special Education).
10. Understanding higher order thinking skills and implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Report directly to the Principal.
2. Assist in the development and implementation of the school philosophy; the student recruitment and selection process; the school schedules; and the school procedures.
3. Have basic responsibility for management with specific duties for the maintenance and operation of the school plant.
4. Assist the Principal in the supervision of instruction, supervision and evaluation of staff, maintenance of discipline, recordkeeping, preparation of reports, all student activities and PTA.
5. Monitor and support the school improvement plan with the specific outcomes of skillful teaching and improving student achievement for all students.
6. Develop and implement formal and informal accountability systems.
7. Collaborates with the administrative and leadership teams to develop appropriate student interventions to meet the needs of all students.
8. Collaborates productively with the school faculty, school administrative team, parent community, students and district to improve the school.
9. Facilitate data analysis of student formative and summative assessments in a timely manner with administration and teachers.
10. Coach, facilitate, and collaborate with classroom teachers on assessment results aligned to core instructional strategies for standard based instruction and any ongoing class wide interventions or individual interventions.
11. Analyze data to determine those students who need remediation, enrichment or tutoring interventions.
12. Supports classroom teachers using assessment systems.
13. Attend regularly scheduled district and site meetings and participate as a member of the team to promote learning activities for students consistent with district and school education objectives.
14. Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Administrative Salary Schedule
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER IN COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATION AMENDMENTS OF 1972 AND SECTION 504 OF THE
REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973