Intellectual Disabilities Specialist
Job | Posted a month ago
Job Description: Provides direct and consultative supports to all programs for students with Intellectual Disabilities (ID) across the division.
- Performs professional work in the evaluation, educational planning, and instructional support to students in ID programs
- Knowledgeable of and proficient in all aspects of the Special Education process- regulations, development, progress monitoring, and leadership
- Participates in the implementation and review of Individualized Education Plans (IEP);
- Maintains data on program effectiveness;
- Participates in staff and school based team meetings;
- Provides or coordinates meetings, and field trips;
- Coordinates and leads interdisciplinary team meetings to develop and monitor student progress in the educational setting;
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, and techniques related to treatment of individuals with intellectual disability or other developmental disabilities;
- Knowledge of psychiatric, psychological, and/or sociological terminology and concepts;
- Knowledge of case management principles;
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as issues relevant to human rights, and skill in applying this knowledge to a variety of situations;
- Knowledge of program services;
- Considerable knowledge of community resources, including relevant public and private organizations;
- Ability to successfully perform as a team leader/member;
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports;
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain effective relationships with students, staff, and parents;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in Special Education or a related field.
- Must hold a valid teaching license with an endorsement in special education.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Special Education or human services administration and one year of experience in working with individuals who have a developmental disability.
Office of Student Support Services
Supervisor: Executive Director of Student Support Services
Contract Terms: 11 months