Middle School Physical Education Teacher (CC: 4597)
Job | Posted 12 days ago
- Possess a valid Arizona State Teaching Certificate
- Possess a Physical Education Endorsement
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Bilingual preferred
JOB GOAL: To develop in each pupil an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each pupil to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social and emotional adjustment; to discover and develop talents of pupils in physical achievement; to develop strength, skill agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each pupil’s ability. Student learning is the primary focus of the teacher’s professional day.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge’s, and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil, to the extent feasible.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of pupils.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned property.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Evaluates each pupil’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in team sports.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education provided by the district, and in self-selected professional growth activities.
SALARY: Certified Salary Schedule, Full benefits
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED