SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL
Performs intermediate human support and paraprofessional work assisting classroom teachers by working with individual special needs students or small groups.
For more information see the job description page on the FCCPS website.
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and some experience working with children.
- Experience in an educational setting and/or prior teaching/instructional experience preferred
- Sensory skills to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls.
- Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to: a personal computer, calculator, copier, fax machine and projection and video devices.
- Ability to engage in significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, or repetitive motions.
FCCPS Salary Scales