Paraprofessional FTE 1.0 (CC: 6836)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist with instruction and supervision of students through one-on-one and group instruction, playground supervision and assisting with testing and assessment of student’s progress.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of needs of students at different ages, educational and developmental levels.
Knowledge of district educational policies, regulations and rules.
Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, policies and rules.
Knowledge of educational practices, processes and techniques.
Skill in assessing student’s educational needs.
Skill in providing tutoring in various educational subjects and areas.
Skill in operating office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Skill in communicating orally and in writing.
Skill in translating and interpreting.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s degree, 60 sixty college credits and one (1) year childcare work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that meets the standards of Highly Qualified status for No Child Left Behinds. Bilingual preferred. Must obtain Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Works with individual students in classroom or the developmental center to reinforce learning material or skills introduced by the teacher.
- Works with small groups of students in classroom to reinforce learning material or skills introduced by the teacher.
- Supervises students outside of the classroom during lunch period, playground time or before and after school.
- Translates material and information for parents, students and staff.
- Administers tests and assessments. Grades papers and maintains records under teacher supervision.
- Maintains files and computer records.
- Assists supervising instructor with duties specifically related to area of instruction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.