Concurrent Enrollment Biology Teacher
UCAS Job Description
Biology 1010/1610 CE Instructor – Part to Full Time
Position Title: Biology 1010/1610 instructor for the 2023-2024 school year.
Reports To: Principal
Job Goal: To create a classroom atmosphere which encourages creative thinking, promotes excellent knowledge acquisition, fosters a love of learning, provides a safe, stimulating environment, and develops a sense of ethics for high school students.
Minimum Qualifications: Current Utah State Secondary Education certificate or college instructor status and willingness to get certified through and APPL Program. Utah Valley University requires all Biology 1010 and 1610 Concurrent Enrollment instructors have a Master’s Degree. Applicants must model honesty, integrity, and exemplary character. Applicants must work well with high school age students.
Education and/or Experience: Experience in education preferred.
Position Information: 185 days (180 school days, 5 prep days) beginning August 2023. UCAS participates in the Utah Retirement System, provides sick leave and personal leave to all teachers. (Health benefits are available for full time teachers.)
Salary: Varies with experience and education. See Board Approved Salary Schedule posted on the Utah County Academy of Sciences website: ucas-edu.net
Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Curriculum and Instruction:
2. Maintain a plan book of lesson plans and outlines as well as a detailed course scope and sequence. Provide lesson plans for a substitute to be used in the event of illness or emergency.
3. Be responsible for planning and implementing an instructional program which utilizes multiple teaching methods to reach the individual needs, interests, abilities and maturity levels of the students.
4. Be available to help students outside of class time such as before school, after school, or during lunch.
5. Plans instruction with other instructor to insure a smooth transition for students moving between classes and levels.
- Other responsibilities:
2. Serve on committees as requested.
3. Supervise school activities as requested.
4. Supervise, evaluate, and provide work assignments to assigned student teachers and other support staff.
5. Act as a contributing staff member to foster a positive, cooperative educational environment.
- Student supervision:
2. Identify and refer unusual or at-risk student behavior to a school counselor.
3. Establish and enforce a reasonable classroom discipline plan. Be responsible for the supervision of students at all times.
The Utah County Early College Charter High School is an Equal Opportunity institution and is nondiscriminatory relative to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.