Physical Education (PE) Teacher - Part Time
Job Goal: To help students excel in their knowledge of physical education. To create a classroom atmosphere which encourages creative thinking, promotes excellent knowledge acquisition, and fosters a love of learning. Provide a safe, stimulating environment, and develop a strong sense of ethics with the high school students.
Minimum Qualifications: Must hold a current Utah Teaching License. Applicants must model honesty, integrity, and exemplary character. Applicants must work well with high school age students.
Education and/or Experience: Experience in education preferred.
Position Information: 185 days (180 school days, 5 prep days) beginning August 2022. UCAS participates in the Utah Retirement System, provides sick leave and personal leave to all teachers.
Salary: Varies with experience and education. See Board Approved Salary Schedule posted on the Utah County Academy of Sciences website: ucas-edu.net
Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Curriculum and Instruction
2. Help students master concepts that lead to a healthy lifestyle.
3. Maintain a plan book of lesson plans and outlines as well as a detailed course scope and sequence. Provide lesson plans for a substitute to be used in the event of illness or emergency.
4. Be responsible for planning and implementing an instructional program which utilizes multiple teaching methods to reach the individual needs, interests, abilities and maturity levels of the students.
5. Be available to help students outside of class time such as before school, after school, or during lunch.
6. Plan instruction with other instructors to ensure a smooth transition for students moving between classes and levels.
- Other responsibilities:
2. Act as a contributing staff member to foster a positive, cooperative educational environment.
- Student supervision
2. Establish and enforce a reasonable classroom discipline plan. Be responsible for the supervision of students at all times.
3. Maintain the appropriate relationship between teacher and students at all times.
The Utah County Early College Charter High School is an Equal Opportunity institution and is nondiscriminatory relative to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.