Paraprofessional/Permanent Substitute - Northern Neck Regional Special Education (Richmond County and Lancaster County)
Job | Posted 4 months ago
ANTICIPATED VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT for 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
This position is __ exempt or _X_ non-exempt
Assists the teacher (classroom/special education) by performing assigned duties related to students' instructional objectives and or as outlined in students’ education plans (e.g., reinforcing instruction under the direction and supervision of the teacher or building administrator, assembling and preparing instructional materials, and assisting students with transitions during the day). Assist medically fragile students with feeding and self-care needs.
Associate’s Degree; or higher; or high school diploma or equivalent with additional 90 semester credit hours from accredited institutions; or High School Diploma or equivalent with addition of passing a rigorous test as approved by the Virginia Department of Education for purposes of becoming highly qualified under the No Child Left Behind legislation. Autism training and CPI training to be completed within 90 days of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Basic knowledge and/or experience related to area of assignment
· Knowledge and practice of computer skills
· Demonstrates initiative and self-direction
· Ability to type, organize and file materials
· Exhibit flexibility and patience in working with all students, parents and staff
· Skilled in handling varied multiple duties
· Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
· Willingness to serve all students
· Ability to assist in the implementation of an instructional program and to participate in monitoring and ensuring
appropriate student behavior, including outdoor activity areas, gymnasiums, or wherever needed
· Willingness to meet individual student needs (e.g., medical, personal hygiene, behavior)
· Sufficient strength, agility, and dexterity (able to lift 50 pounds unassisted)
GENERAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists teacher under direct instruction in preparing and implementing daily lessons
· Assists teacher in ensuring appropriate student behavior with implementation of behavior management and/or medical management plans
· Maintains confidentiality with regard to student records and information
· Implements or assists in fulfilling students’ daily personal health maintenance tasks
· Serves bus, cafeteria, or hall duty
· Performs clerical work related to instructional activities
· Supports the teacher in assembling and preparing instructional materials and in maintaining classroom
· Assists with the production of bulletin boards, exhibits and displays
· Participates in staff development activities related to area of assignment
· Provides student support as indicated in IEP
· Performs other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: In accordance with district of position. Position may be located in Lancaster or Richmond Counties. Positions may be moved based on needs of program.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrators, Assigned Classroom Teacher
EVALUATION: Evaluated in accordance with Board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of non-licensed personnel.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and duties as assigned by the school administrator. Northern Neck Regional Special Education Program reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.