FCCPS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
Transports school bus passengers between assigned stops and schools according to specified routes and time schedules. Maintains order during trip and adheres to safety rules when loading and unloading passengers.
For more information see the job description page on the FCCPS website.
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school
- Some experience working with children
- Basic first aid and CPR certifications
- A current State of Virginia class A or B commercial driver's license with endorsements P and S, and a clear driving record with DMV
- Light work requires the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions.
- Requires vocal communication for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Requires hearing to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
- Requires visual acuity for depth perception, peripheral vision, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operation of machines, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities.
- The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, hazards, and atmospheric conditions.
FCCPS Salary Scales