Middle School Special Education Teaching Assistant- Full Time
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Lenoir City Schools
Position Title: Para Professional (Teacher Assistant) Full Time
Reports To: Assigned by the Principal
Job Goal: Enhance the learning environment for students and teachers by providing assistance in assigned areas
Term of Employment: To be determined by the Director of Schools
Responsibilities: (Include but are not limited to)
- Know and follow all school board policies.
- To provide clerical assistance for an assigned group of teachers.
- To provide instructional assistance for an assigned group of teachers
- Monitor student behavior to assure compliance with all school rules.
- Assist students with special needs including but not limited to physical handicaps.
- Provide direct supervision of students when directed by the teaching or administrative staff.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Passed the Para Pro test or have an associate’s degree.
- Ability to interpret policies as related to job functions.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work as a team member.
- Demonstrates patience.
- Demonstrates compassion and a pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the public and other employees.
- Ability to perform any physical duties associated with this position (e.g., lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, sitting for long periods of time, walking, seeing, standing for extended periods of time, etc.).