FCCPS FOOD SERVICE WORKER
Performs intermediate, semi skilled work serving meals and cleaning cafeterias. Includes preparing, cooking and serving meats, breads, vegetables and other food in accordance with the menu. Collects money and maintains records.
For more information see the job description page on the FCCPS website.
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of the eighth grade
- Some experience in food preparation in large quantities
- Possess a health certificate for food preparation issued by Fairfax County
- Is light work, requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- Requires kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motions
- Requires vocal communication for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Requires hearing to perceive information at normal spoken word levels
- Requires visual acuity in the use of measuring devices, operating machines, and determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work
- Subjects the worker to extreme heat, noise, hazards and atmospheric conditions
FCCPS Salary Scales