CARE Assistant Site Manager
ASSISTANT SITE MANAGER - AFTERNOON
Hiring Pay Range: $18.30 - $19.42 per hour, D.O.E.
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 2:30 p.m - 6:00 p.m. AND Thursday 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
FTE: .475 10 Months
Location: Sunrise Drive Elementary School
Target Start Date: ASAP
Definition: Under immediate supervision of Community Schools Director and Site Lead performs supervision of activity leaders and children.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Open and prepare the program daily as directed.
- Maintain the accuracy of the CARE attendance lists.
- Create a weekly posting of activity plans, then leading those activities.
- Create a safe environment for staff and children.
- Develop an Activity Leader rotation schedule for the after school program.
- Create pleasingly aesthetic child-centered classrooms.
- Responsible for on-going communication with staff, parents, school personnel, Community Schools, Office Coordinators and Site Lead.
- Monitor and maintain school rules, guidelines and requirements.
- Attend and help to lead staff meetings.
- Supervise staff.
- Participate, with Site Lead, in staff evaluation process.
- Monitor supply and maintenance needs of facility.
- Train new Activity Leaders.
- Conduct and record fire drills.
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
- Clean up at the close of the program.
- Assume tasks as assigned by the Site Lead and the Director of Community Schools.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
Knowledge of planning children’s programming
Knowledge of classroom management skills
Skill in communicating effectively (i.e., the ability to relate well with children, staff and parents
Skill in leadership, supervision and organization
High energy level and personal integrity
Must have flexibility and excellent health
Must be punctual
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Needs to have a minimum of one year of experience in childcare or related field. Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field is desirable.
Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Level I- IVPP Fingerprint Clearance card through Arizona Department of Public Safety
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.