Hiring Pay Range: $15.85 - $16.82 per hour, DOE
FTE .875 35 hours per week
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am to 3:00pm (includes 30 minute unpaid meal break)
10 months per year, 191 paid workdays per year
Benefits Eligible, Non-Exempt
Location: Manzanita Elementary School
Target Start Date: 8/3/2022
Under general supervision of the Health Coordinator, School Nurse and/or school administrator, provides daily health services to students and staff.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Following CFSD guidelines and policies, the Health Assistant will provide basic first aid for minor illnesses and accidents'
- Observes, reports and records in daily logs, information related to students' condition;
- Consults with principal or school nurse regarding a serious injury or incident;
- Administers medications and special procedures to students;
- Assists with health screenings, such as: hearing, vision, and lice checks;
- Maintains and updates student health records;
- Assists with the school immunizations compliance program;
- Compiles statistical data for state reports as directed;
- Maintains needed office supplies and equipment;
- Assures neatness of health office, equipment and supplies;
- Observes and reports school health hazards;
- Communicates observations to school nurse, staff, principal and parents as appropriate;
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of sterile and non-sterile wound care.
- Knowledge of Arizona State laws regarding student immunization requirements.
- Knowledge of universal precautions and Blood Borne requirements.
- Knowledge of communicable diseases.
- Knowledge of health emergency protocols.
- Knowledge of confidentiality requirements.
- Skill in identifying health matters that must be referred for professional assessment and treatment.
- Skill in accurately maintaining health records, including daily student logs.
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, administrators, students, parents and medical professionals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have the ability to respond to emergencies.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
High School diploma or GED;
Certification in a health related field or equivalent school health class completion;
Current CPR and First Aid certificates;
Two (2) years of working in a school preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.