OT/PT SPED Paraprofessional ( two positions )
Job | Posted a year ago
Under the supervision of the Occupational and Physical Therapy staff, to provide direct service to students in gross motor, fine motor and sensory motor areas to meet the motor services on the IEP.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide PT recommended interventions for gross motor needs in various areas of the school environment, including: class, hallways, recess and during PE and Adapted PE.
- Provide OT recommended interventions for handwriting and/or other fine motor needs in resource, classrooms, lunchroom or other areas of the school.
- Assist therapists in equipment management, cleaning, repair and inventory, tracking use and informing therapists when items need to be ordered.
- Document interventions according to therapists’ directions. Must be fluent in computer programs: excel spreadsheets, drop box or similar file sharing, word.
- Overall understanding in use of iPads and tablets for documentation and student interventions.
- Provide own transportation and be willing to travel district wide. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
- Must be flexible with schedule and routines, willing to alter location, types of interventions and timing as needed to provide services.
- Eager to learn and willing to read suggested articles and/or books.
- Experience with managing challenging behaviors and ways to engage students in learning in a fun and interactive way is valued.
- Ability to move, bend, lift and get on and off the floor when working on interventions with students.
- Assist guidance, pupil services staff, or building administration, as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Successful completion of college level coursework or passing of examination as required by the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Prior experience working with special needs children desirable
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Part-Time, 29 hours/week
177 days per year
Support Professional Employees Salary Schedule: Level B1
Not Benefit eligible
Tooele County School District
92 Lodestone Way , Tooele, UT 840748050