General Maintenance Worker (CC: 191)
TITLE: General Maintenance Worker
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform general maintenance on buildings, equipment, grounds and fields.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Keeps buildings in clean and working condition by performing a variety of activities such as cleaning floors and walkways, repairing plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems, replacing broken windows or doors and repairing walls and plaster.
- Repairs minor roof leaks, builds and installs cabinets and other furniture.
- Assists with complex projects in the areas of carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical and grounds keeping.
- Operates a variety of equipment and tools.
- Repairs fences, sprinklers and flood irrigation equipment.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance work such as cleaning condensation lines and smoke detectors.
- May perform custodial duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of basic maintenance and repair techniques and procedures.
Knowledge of general safety rules and techniques.
Knowledge of tools and equipment used in building and grounds maintenance.
Skill in performing basic maintenance and repair techniques and procedures.
Skill in operating hand tools for carpentry, electrical and plumbing maintenance and repair.
Skill in responding to work orders, troubleshooting and diagnosing mechanical failures.
Skill in communicating orally and in writing.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Subject to working in extreme temperatures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and one (1) year general maintenance work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the required knowledge and skill.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: None.