CTE Assistant Director II
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION (CTE)
The Assistant CTE (Career and Technical Education) Director for Alpine School District provides support to the Director in administering, monitoring, and implementing the requirements for a high quality CTE program. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with administrators to assure that appropriate CTE curriculum and instructional practices are occurring in all classrooms.
- Providing professional leadership and support for the CTE teaching staff and support professionals.
- Monitoring budgets, evaluating program needs and allocating resources to ensure high quality CTE instruction for all students.
- Overseeing the maintenance of facilities to ensure they are safe, welcoming to students, in good repair and reflect industry standards.
- Communicating with all stakeholders to create a positive perception of CTE and to spread awareness of the opportunities that exist for students.
- Engaging with post-secondary, business & industry partners to create pathways and opportunities for students.
- Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university with administrative endorsement, CTE endorsements preferred
- Experience teaching applicable CTE courses
- Strong technology skills and an ability and willingness to learn new technologies critical to job performance
- Excellent communication skills, collaborative leadership, along with both oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and punctual
- High degree of flexibility
- Proven team player track record
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include remotely, evenings and weekends for meetings and public relations events
- Demonstrate an ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
Negotiable, but March 1, preferred
242 Contract Days; 24 Vacation Days
Director 2, 88,675- 130,893 DOE
Starting Date: July 1, 2022 or could be sooner
Contract Year: 242 contract days, 24 vacation days
Salary: Director II $88,675 - $130,893
A. Credentials: Appropriate administrator license authorizing service as an administrator/supervisor
B. Education and experience:
1. Master’s degree required
2. Previous technology leadership experience at the public school district level preferred
3. Educational Technology endorsement or equivalent demonstrated proficiency preferred