Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Allison Peterson, Principal, at 385-646-4972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week: up to 20
|Job Title||Playground Assistant|
|Salary Schedule||Classified Hourly|
|Lane Placement||bb- step 5|
|Last Review Date||June 2020|
Monitors behaviors of students in the lunchroom, playground, and classrooms during inclement weather. Provides supervision to ensure safety of students. Refers students involved in inappropriate behavior for disciplinary action. Attendance, physical presence, and timelines are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Monitors behavior of students in lunchroom, on the playground and classrooms.
- Moves about to provide constant supervision for student safety.
- Monitors student activities for inappropriate behaviors, i.e. bullying, unsafe activities, rough play, etc.
- Based on school procedures, reminds students of expectations.
- Refers students for discipline for inappropriate behaviors to administration.
- Inspects playground for hazardous equipment or materials. Is the first and last person on the playground to ensure student safety.
Other duties as assigned*
*This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an employee assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of education, knowledge, and experience requirements; the machines, tools and equipment used; background; and any licenses or certifications required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge and Skills.
Positive interpersonal and communication skills Ability to deescalate potential volatile situations. Can remain calm during emergencies.
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Required Prior Experience
Assigned Decision Making
Determines if students should be reported to teachers or administrator or inappropriate behaviors.
Moves students to safety if emergency situations arise.
Interactions with Others
Interaction with students, staff, teachers, and administration.
Supervision of student safety.
Works inside and outside the building to accomplish assigned tasks. Working conditions can be in hot and cold weather. May experience stress from disruptive students and/or groups of students.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.