School Psychologist-Contract Testing
School Psychologist –Contract Services
Pay: $400 per psychological assessment or $700 per psychoeducational assessment. To include all requested assessments, report writing, and travel.
The School Psychologist Contract Position job goal is to complete psychological and educational evaluations for students K-12.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assesses needs of referred students using appropriate evaluative and diagnostic practices.
• Select, administer, analyze and interpret results of psychological and psycho-educational assessments.
• Analyzes and interprets assessment data using statistical techniques, knowledge of instruments and understanding of disabling conditions.
• Prepares and submits required written and oral reports for children referred for possible special education. Completed reports are submitted to the School Psychologist at the assigned school.
• Assessment tools provided by the division.
• Meeting attendance is not required or expected.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
• Master’s degree in School Psychology, completion of one year school-psychology internship, and eligibility for endorsement as a school psychologist through the Department of Education.
• Virginia Educational Licensor bearing endorsement as School Psychologist.
• Experience working with children and adolescents in a school, clinic or hospital setting preferred.
• Knowledge of psychological theory and practice including assessment and test theory, diagnostic categories, personality assessment, learning disabilities, statistics, and counseling theories.
• Knowledge of and adherence to legal procedures as contained in local, state, and federal policies governing special education, including IDEA laws and guidelines.
• Knowledge of and adherence to professional and ethical standards of the American Psychological Association and the National Association of School Psychologists.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Supervisor of Student Services.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Requires significant sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, walk, bend over, reach overhead, grasp, push, pull and move; life and/or carry up to 40 lbs. May work in a pleasant to stressful work environment. Meets mandated deadlines.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the principal or appropriate administrator. WJCC Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.