Administrative I Secretary - Prevention & Student Placement
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
Please note: Type test of 55 wpm or better required. TYPE TEST must be taken at the Granite District Human Resource's Office and submitted before the deadline date to be considered for this position. Current employees may have a copy on file.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Stephanie Maarse at (385)-646-4212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides secretarial services for the department especially those related to district Drug & Alcohol Prevention policies, programs, and grants. Assists in maintaining schedules of meetings and deadlines for the department. Under the supervision of the department director, the secretary is responsible for the courteous and efficient operation of the department.
- Supports other work group members when needed. Provides organization in the office. Cross trains in order to perform any task required and to cover the responsibilities of other office staff as needed.
- Maintains statistical information or other data logs, spreadsheets on projects.
- Sorts, separates and distributes incoming mail, products or material in prescribed manner. Transcribes dictation including correspondence, reports, notices and recommendations. Maintains a schedule of appointments and makes arrangements for conferences and interviews. Welcomes visitors and arranges for their needs and screens callers in accordance with predetermined policy. Places and receives telephone calls, records messages and redirects inquiries for proper attention.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a working knowledge of all board policies and negotiated agreements including secretarial, classified, hourly, temporary and department practices.
- Requires skill in word processing (55 wpm), computer operation plus relevant software, work organization, operation of business machines, basic math, bookkeeping, oral and written communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to check written communications for spelling, grammar, punctuation, correct sentence, and paragraph structure.
Requires strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Ability to deal with people in a professional manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
Ability to work effectively with others in circumstances that may include some stress.
Ability to organize work and materials.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of district, employee and other information.
Ability to operate a variety of office machines.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Type test of 55 wpm or better required. TYPE TEST must be taken at the Granite District Human Resource's Office and submitted before the deadline date to be considered for this position. Current employees may have a copy on file.
Required Prior Experience
- Requires 6 months of prior job-related work experience as an administrative secretary with demonstrated competence.
Standard office conditions. Deals with multiple supervisors. Works on multiple assignments with deadlines. Handles concerned patrons and deals with frequent interruptions.
Requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Ability to talk or hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to focus. Physical demands require moving and lifting supplies, equipment, etc. up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.