Finance Office Specialist - Junior High
Job | Posted 15 days ago
Finance Specialist - Jr. High
Lane 11 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $18.15-20.39 Depending on qualifications and experience
- Name: Todd Dalley and Kathy Larsen
- Phone: 801-610-8146
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Finance Specialist-Jr. High School (Jr High School Finance Specialist) is done for the purpose/s of providing financial support to school site; establishing and maintaining records; conveying and updating fiscal information; ensuring proper financial practices are followed and disbursement of funds are within proper and legal guidelines; compiling and distributing materials and reports; and responding to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Attends department and/or in-service meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Collects payments for a variety of events (e.g. fines, fees, fund raisers, etc.) for the purpose of completing transactions and/or securing funds.
- Compiles data (e.g. work orders, budget reports, specialized financial reports, personnel records, etc.) for the purpose of preparing reports or processing requests.
- Coordinates assigned projects and/or activities (e.g. registration, budget preparation, yearly registration, proper distribution of materials to a variety of departments, arrangements for conferences, meetings, travel requirements, personnel to proctor all exit assessments, etc.) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely manner.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. work orders, time sheets, expense reimbursement requests, budget data, Fee Waiver and ACH systems, employee records, financial records, financial statements, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Oversees school purchase card transactions and petty cash fund for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established limits/guidelines.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports and other materials (e.g. program components, account balances, accounts receivable, work order status, letters, memorandums, reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, ensuring compliance with established guidelines and regulatory requirements, and/or conveying information.
- Processes a variety of financial documents and materials (e.g. time sheets, work orders, vendor invoices, requisitions, reimbursements, balancing reports, managing school accounts payables, fines, collections, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with established administrative guidelines.
- Reconciles account balances for assigned budget categories for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances.
- Researches assigned topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) for the purpose of providing information for addressing department operations
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. district staff, other schools, government agencies, general public, students, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Schedules activities (e.g. appointments, meetings, travel reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc.) for the purpose of making necessary arrangements for assigned administrator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is required.