HS Math Teacher
Must hold a certificate issued by Florida Department of Education.
The certificate must be in one of the following types: Professional Certificate, Temporary Certificate, Statement of Status of Eligibility.
JOB PURPOSE Create and implement a flexible program and classroom environment favorable to student learning and personal growth. Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines. Establish effective rapport with students, staff members, and parents. Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge to provide an effective educational foundation, in accordance with each student’s ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Instruction/Education Responsibilities:
• Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the company’s philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the adopted courses of study.
• Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
• Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning opportunity and provides real-world, application-based examples and learning opportunities.
• Reviews student records to develop a foundation of understanding regarding each student’s abilities and needs. Maintain accurate and complete student records.
• Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each student.
• Utilizes a variety/range of student learning modalities in each lesson and uses differentiated instruction within those lessons.
• Utilizes diagnostic assessment of student learning on a frequent basis.
• Maintains accurate and completes student records.
• Assesses student strengths and weaknesses on a frequent basis, provides appropriate activities to address student needs and generates progress reports as required.
• Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate support personnel.
• Assigns lessons, corrects student work product, and reviews oral presentations.
• Coordinates class field trips (as required).
• Prepares students for state required achievement assessments.
• Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for the continual improvement of the school's curriculum.
• Assists in the on-going curriculum revision process, including the revision of written courses of study.
• Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
• Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to students as an extension of regular classroom activities.
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
• Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
• Maintains positive rapport with students; demonstrates patience and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child.
• Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated work on display as appropriate.
• Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct.
• Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in accordance with CSUSA policy and guidelines and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and consistent manner.
• Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and goals.
• Plans individual and / group learning activities designed to meet instructional objective and student’s needs.
• Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of supervisory personnel.
• Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning during designated meetings.
• Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as required in the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect supplies, equipment, materials and facilities needed to implement effectively the planned instructional program. School/Community Relations
• Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
• Communicates clearly, consistently, and positively with parents via all appropriate mediums.
• Cooperates with members of the administration, other staff and with CSUSA.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding student records.
• Participates in parent communication activities.
• Participates in extracurricular activities to ensure a positive school culture and provide support for students and staff (as required).
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter: • Usual office working conditions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• No physical exertion required.
• Somewhat stressful due to frequent student activity.
• Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
EVALUATION Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA’s policy.
DECLARATION The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.