2022-2023 Middle School Band Director & General Music Teacher
This position is responsible for implementing instructions to students to provide academic, social, physical, and skills development to prepare them to be health and successful citizens.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
• Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
• Assigns lesson and corrects homework.
• Administers tests to evaluate pupil progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
• Keeps an attendance record.
• Maintains discipline in classroom.
• Meets with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
• Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 years teaching experience in urban schools (Preferred)
• Valid Tennessee teacher’s license with appropriate endorsement in the grade/subject taught