Maintenance Tech II (Plumbing and Generalist)
MAINTENANCE TECH II (Plumbing and Generalist)
Hiring Pay Range: $18.45 - $19.59 per hour, DOE
Schedule: 40 hr/wk 1.0 FTE Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 2:30pm (30 minute unpaid meal break)
40 hrs per week, 12 months per year
Location: Catalina Foothills High School
Target Start Date: January 3rd, 2022
Definition: Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs journey-level work with a primary focus on the maintenance and repair of plumbing, and to a lesser degree, on electrical, HVAC and similar systems of district buildings and facilities.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Maintains and performs routine and emergency repairs to plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration devices, with a primary focus on plumbing;
- Interprets blueprints and schematic diagrams related to plumbing, electrical and HVAC control systems;
- On a daily basis, performs plumbing tasks, such as unclogging/snaking drains, replacing pipes, repairing water leaks, and replacing fixtures, including faucets, drinking fountains, water closets, urinals, traps, valves, etc.
- Inspects, tests and analyzes malfunctions of equipment and systems;
- Repairs vandalism or storm damage to buildings and grounds;
- Performs light duty automotive maintenance, such as fluid checks, tire pressure checks, battery replacement and windshield wiper replacement;
- Oversees plumbing, above ground and underground work, and to a lesser extent, HVAC and electrical related construction work done by others and reviews for accuracy the completed work;
- Communicates with Director of Facilities and Facilities Supervisor in the assessment and coordination of repairs;
- Completes work order reports;
- Performs preventative maintenance of assigned plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems;
- Assists with other trades maintenance activities;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of maintenance manuals and maintenance techniques
- Knowledge of maintenance equipment
- Skill in the safe operation of power tools, hand tools, and other maintenance equipment
- Skill in reading blueprints and schematic diagrams
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and administrators
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Five (5) years of journey level trades maintenance experience in HVAC, electrical and plumbing fields;
- Basic computer related skills, including familiarity with MS Word and MS Excel;
- Knowledge of the SchoolDude Work Order system is a plus.
Valid Arizona driver’s license with ability to drive a manual shift vehicle and clear driving record
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.