Hourly Special Education Paraeducator 2022-2023 School Year
Job | Posted 21 days ago
The Special Education Paraeducator work alongside, support, and expand the programmatic and administrative duties of teachers and other professional practitioners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in implementing the instructional program
- Assist students with daily work assignments
- Assist in maintaining a safe, nurturing, and healthy atmosphere, which may include assisting students with social skill development, personal hygiene, toiletry needs/toilet training
- Prepare for and assist with small group instruction
- Administer and/or assist with preparing for various assessments for students as necessary
- Follows established procedures for monitoring and redirecting student behavior when supervising small or large groupsy
- Uses special skills (i.e. sign language, transliterating, advanced computer training) to assist in two-way communication between the teacher and the student as necessary procedures and practices
- Organize and maintain records
- Exhibit good communication skills both oral and written
- Work cooperatively with students, teachers, and parents
- Problem solving skills
- Provide support services to students and staff
- Utilize appropriate judgment in deciding when to contact a licensed professional for assistance
- Follow procedures as outlined by school board policy, the school principal, or designee
- Give and receive information in a professional manner
- Maintain Confidentiality at all times
Apply To Click on the link above to apply. All applicants, including those currently employed with Spotsylvania County Public Schools, will need to complete an online application.
Salary: $15.00 per hour. No benefits package is offered.