Teacher Assistant Level II - Secondary
Job | Posted a month ago
Teacher Assistant Level II
Non-contract, no benefits
Hourly rate: $13.75
- Name: Rebecca Greenland
- Phone: 801-610-8138 ext485755
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Teacher Assistant - Level 2 is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting in the instruction of individual or small groups of students in a variety of subject areas; assisting in the implementation of a behavior modification program; monitoring and reporting student behavior and performance; and performing a variety of clerical duties as assigned. Must have a woking knowledge in math and be able to assist the student on math assignments.
- Assists teachers in specialized and/or mainstream education classroom in preparing and presenting a variety of instructional materials for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Assists assigned instructional staff in improving student's learning skills, self care, and/or social development for the purpose of providing learning concepts and materials.
- Communicates with teachers regarding assigned students' progress for the purpose of participating in needs assessments and/or assisting in evaluating progress.
- Documents observations of student performance in academic and school activities (e.g. social skills, behavior, assignments, etc.) for the purpose of providing written records and/or complying with mandated requirements.
- Guides special education students in personal interactions and/or specific student issues for the purpose of developing interpersonal skills and successful problem solving strategies.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic instructional files and records for the purpose of providing written reference and meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors students' performance, under the direction of assigned classroom teacher, for the purpose of providing feedback to students, teachers and/or others involved in the provision of services in accordance with IEPs.
- Obtains homework assignments for students at different academic levels for the purpose of addressing classroom requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent