Teacher Assistant - Elementary
Job | Posted a month ago
Teacher Assistant-Elementary/ Permanent Substitute
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5.75
Hourly rate: $11.28
- Name: Kim Plank
- Phone: 801-610-8726
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Substitute Teacher, or Sub, teaches and supervises students in the event that their regular teacher is unable to lead class.. If the Permanent Sub is not needed in a classroom on a particular day, the employee will take on the role of Teacher Assistant. The job of Teacher Assistant is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for working with individual and/or small groups of students; and providing clerical support to teacher/s and staff.
- Follow lesson plans provided by the regular Teacher to create a cohesive and consistent learning experience for students
- Manage the classroom effectively to encourage student participation, minimize distractions and maintain a positive learning environment
- Adapt teaching methods to fit the needs of each individual student
- Supervise students in and out of the classroom, including in the halls.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers classroom assignments, tests, homework assignments, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the instructional process.
- Assists students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. read stories, listen to students read, providing writing assistance, reinforce English lessons, provide spelling practice, facilitate activities, computer learning programs, etc.) for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching academic goals and grade level standards.
- Communicates with teachers and/or parents for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing classroom objectives.
- Implements, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, and manual and electronic files and records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; providing a safe learning environment; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, library, lunchroom, bus loading/unloading, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 18+
- High school diploma or equivalent.