Special Education Paraeducator II - Motor (Adapted Physical Education)
Job | Posted a month ago
Special Education Para-Educator II - Motor Para Educator (Adapted Physical Education/Gross Motor)
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5.5
Hourly rate: $13.75
- Name: Gary Robinson
- Phone: 801-867-5118
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Special Education Para-Educator II (untrained) Motor Para Educator is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the Adapted Physical Education (APE) teacher with specific responsibility for assisting in providing gross motor services to student with special needs in the regular classroom or in a special education classroom; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior during gross motor sessions, tracking data and reporting progress to supervising APE teacher. Qualified candidates will be willing to provide gross motor services to students agess 3-22 with a wide range of disabilities. Qualified candidates will need a vehicle as this position is itinerant.
- Under the supervision of the assigned APE teacher, provides instruction to students in gross motor areas
- Tracks quality and informative data in Embrace DS for all sessions
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff regarding treatment strategies for individual or group sessions.
- Under the supervision of assigned APE teacher, implements behavioral plans designed by IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains instructional materials and keeps records up to date and confidential.
- Attends in meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the APE teacher for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.