ELA Teacher - Middle School (IMMEDIATE)
Instructional position responsible for the educational leadership of students in a group or class in an innovative charter school. The educational is expected to understand and demonstrate the use of the school's curriculum, student instruction and assessment to maximize educational achievement for all students; work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning climate for all students that is safe, secure and respectful. Implementing strategies to reach the multiple intelligences of students through creative lessons is required.
Employment Schedule: 10 months, full-time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understands central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline(s) taught and makes the subject matter meaningful to students.
- Command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation and feedback techniques.
- Develops and implements a data-driven, strategic planning system including course, unit and lesson plans.
- Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth in the charter.
- Uses data for continual improvement.
- Uses classroom processes that support effective teaching and learning to promote high student achievement, designing lessons to promote all students engaged in learning all the time through such strategies as active learning, hands-on application, and teacher-student and student-student conversations about the learning.
- Effectively implements classroom management through a prompt and appropriate manner, including techniques to resolve conflict and crisis management.
- Provides students and parents with timely data for improvement in student achievement.
- Evaluates student progress and uses formal and informal assessment strategies to determine whether students have achieved high standards and modifies instructional strategies as needed to maximize achievement.
- Understands how students learn and provides learning opportunities that support intellectual, social, and personal development of diverse learners.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and secure classroom environment.
- Uses appropriate technology in teaching and learning processes.
- Demonstrates positive classroom results and trends. Develops a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual respect, support and inquiry.
- Works effectively with school colleagues, parents, and the community to support students' learning and well-being.
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff.
- Actively engages in professional development opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Full-time Classroom Teachers are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription drug, and Vision
- Life insurance and Voluntary life insurance
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Paid time off (PTO) – vacation, sick, personal
- This is a salaried position
Franklin Academy is a Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates are required to pass a mandatory drug screening and background check.
FRANKLIN ACADEMY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is the policy of Franklin Academy not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, sexual orientation or expression, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
- Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills.
- Executes highly-effective pedagogy in addition to a deep knowledge in subject areas.
- Takes initiative and is resourceful in problem solving.
- Positive interpersonal skills and can work well on a team.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Possession of valid teaching certification (as appropriate).
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years successful teaching experience (may include Student Teaching Internship experience).
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check and drug testing.
- Adherence to the requirements of the Code of Ethics for the Education Profession.