Special Education Para-Educator II - Elementary
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Special Education Para-Educator II
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours: Up to 29 hours per week
Hourly rate: $13.75
- Name: John LaBare
- Phone: 801-610-8114
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Special Education Para-Educator II (untrained) is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care and instruction of special needs students in the regular classroom or in a self-contained classroom; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior during nonclassroom time; providing information to appropriate school personnel; and attending IEP meetings if requested.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher (e.g. listening to students read, assisting with art projects, cooking, physical education, etc.) for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers tests, homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom.
- Administers immediate first aid and medical assistance as instructed by a health care professional (e.g. medication, etc.) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
- Assists students with self-care activities (e.g. toileting, washing, changing diapers, eating, dressing, grooming, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining students' personal hygiene.
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, professional support personnel for the for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
- Implements under the supervision of assigned teacher, behavioral plans designed by IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records (e.g. decorating bulletin boards, making art projects, correcting papers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing IEP plans; and ensuring students success in school.
- Attends in meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.